Friday 12 March 2010

No expenses charges for baroness

Labour peer Baroness Uddin will not face charges over her expenses, the Crown Prosecution Service has said. She had been accused of designating a rarely-used flat in Kent as her main home so she could claim allowances for peers living outside London. CPS chief Keir Starmer said rules which allow peers to visit their "main home" just once a month would have caused a "very real difficulty" for prosecutors. The peer said: "I am relieved that this ordeal has finally come to an end. I only wish to say thank you to everyone who has supported me through this every difficult time and I now wish to turn back to my professional life and my public duties and my family."
















And which house will that be in, dear?

Read the full BBC News article here