Friday 21 May 2010

Theresa May - gay for pay

During an appearance on Question Time, Theresa May was challenged about her record on voting against gay adoption and the votes she had missed on the Gender Recognition Bill (which gave transsexual people legal recognition in their acquired gender).  Mrs May said: "If those votes were today, yes, I have changed my view and I think I would take a different vote."


She added: "On gay adoption I have changed my mind ... because I have been persuaded that when you are looking at the future for a child, I think it's better for a child who is perhaps in an institutional environment, if they have an opportunity of being in a stable, family environment - be that a heterosexual couple or a gay couple - then I think it's more important that that child is in that stable and loving environment and I have genuinely changed my mind on that."

Right.